Looking for a career in healthcare or a job change within the field?
Do you love helping people and being part of a team?
We are actively hiring Surgical Technicians and Ophthalmic Technicians. Work at the forefront of Ophthalmic technology in a cutting-edge environment.
Enjoy a weekday schedule with no nights, no weekends and no on-call. Positions include benefits packages, PTO and competitive compensation. Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, employer paid vision insurance, health savings plan, employer paid Life & AD&D, 401k, pension plan, voluntary Term Life, short and long Term disability, shoe reimbursement, employer paid scrubs, seven (7) paid holidays, paid day off for your birthday, PTO, bereavement, continuing education reimbursement.
Ophthalmic experience is preferred, but we are willing to train. Qualifications include energetic, flexible, reliable, dependable, ability to multi-task, and positive attitude. Opportunities for cross-training and advancement. References required.
We take our jobs very seriously, but have fun too!
Submit a resume for confidential consideration to Kim Miranda, by fax at (803) 806-0063, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop your resume off at our 1920 Pickens Street, Columbia, SC 29201 address.
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician School and one to three years of practice – preferably in a peri-operative setting or in an Operating Room.
Work while completing your seven (7) week certification on the job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Be a team player
- Professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Typing skills – 40 WPM
- Previous experience
- Knowledge of electronic health records
- Obtains and documents patient chief complaint and history of present illness, medical history, medications, allergies etc.
- Accurate recording of visual acuity and distance and near
- Lensometer reading for glasses recorded in chart
- Takes notes for physicians
- Assists with laser procedures, including necessary paperwork and documentation
- Checks ocular pressure
- Cleans, sterilizes and stores instruments
- Performs accurate process of measuring a patients refractive error and records in patient chart
- Assists physician with patient as needed in exam room
- Assist with minor office procedures including necessary paperwork and documentation
- Cleans and stocks exam room daily and cleans equipment between patients
Doctor of Optometry
Columbia Eye Clinic is currently recruiting for a full-time, experienced Doctor of Optometry to primarily work in the Northeast Columbia office.
- Graduate of an accredited Doctor of Optometry program.
- At least two years of experience as a practicing Optometrist.
The full-time Optometrist will do routine eye exams, diagnose and treat vision problems, order and review diagnostic testing, manage diseases of the eye, prescribe glasses and contacts, refer patients to the Ophthalmologists as needed, and other eye care for patients as directed by the Ophthalmologists.
Some Saturday work is required.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Kim Miranda at KMiranda@columbiaeyeclinic.com.
Also currently accepting applications for:
Contact Lens Technician
Insurance / Business Office Representatives
Front Desk and Checkout Staff
Columbia Eye Clinic, P.A. and Columbia Eye Surgery Center, Inc. are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.