Since 2013, Columbia Eye Clinic surgeons have performed thousands of laser-assisted cataract procedures using the LenSx femtosecond laser. The LenSx is the most advanced ophthalmic surgical laser technology available and utilizes blade-less technology for cataract and premium lens procedures. This technology allows the surgeon to perform certain key steps within cataract surgery with a laser rather than a blade.
The benefits of laser-assisted surgery include:
- The laser provides an extremely detailed 3-D image of the eye. Since each eye is different with regards to its structures, the surgeon can use the measurements the laser provides to plan your surgery much more precisely.
- The laser automates challenging steps, allowing precise, repeatable incisions through an image-guided system.
- The laser enables better centering of the intraocular lens which is a significant factor in determining final visual outcomes.
- The laser procedure causes less inflammation to the eye, so patients heal more quickly and experience improved visual acuity more quickly than with traditional cataract surgery.
- The laser enables the physician to simultaneously correct certain amounts of regular astigmatism to reduce your need for glasses.
If you are experiencing one or more of the symptoms of cataracts, it may be time for cataract surgery. We offer a host of the latest advancements in lens implants and surgical procedure options to create a custom experience for every cataract patient.
Watch to Learn More About Cataracts and Cataract Surgery